I’m really happy to have my tweenager here to guest blog about her experiences in Switzerland and what it’s like for her now that she’s back. Over to you JJ!
- What do you miss about Switzerland and why?
I miss my friends and family in Switzerland most because everyone in Switzerland is so nice and I miss them so much.
- Do you think you will ever go back to live and why?
I definitely want to go back but I’m not sure about living there because I missed everyone here so much!
- What was one thing that you were dying to see/have/eat from here that they didn’t have there?
Flamencuch, a sort of pizza with heavy cream instead of tomato sauce, onions instead of cheese and bacon instead of pepperoni… yumm!
- What’s are some differences between here and there?
Everything in town is within walking distance.
Building style (older, prettier…)
- What’s the best memory you have from this 5 month trip and why?
Just being at school every day was so cool for me because of the difference between school systems and peoples personalities.
- What’s the worst memory you have and why?
NOTHING WAS BAD WHY WOULD YOU PUT THIS QUESTION?!?!?!
But if I had to answer I would say being away from everyone here.
- What do you wish you could have done more of?
Skiing in the Alps! It’s so pretty and fun and SNOWY!!!!!!
- Who would you take back with you if you could and why?
If I could take anyone from Canada to Switzerland I would take Phil, my grandpa because he hasn’t had the chance to see Switzerland yet and I hope that one day he will.
If I could take anyone from Switzerland to Canada I would take Anita my BFF there because she’s EPIC and I want her to see my country and city <3
- Where was your most favorite place to visit and why?
See question 7.
- Where would you recommend people go and why?
See question 7… again.
- How do you think this trip changed you?
I’m not sure if it was the trip or just me that changed but I guess my self-confidence and the fact that I feel like I know better who I am.
- Did your friends forget about you while you were gone? Were you a stranger to them when you got back?
Well I wouldn’t say a stranger, lets face it, in this age group friendships go in and out and that’s just the way it is, your still trying to find out who your true friends are. Some of my friends weren’t used to me the way I am now for say so it took a while to re-kindle our friendship then there was the friends that just plain didn’t wan to talk to me anymore, the friends who it was like I was never gone and even some people I feel closer to now that I’m back… I guess that everyone reacts a different way to this, I just try and think about what everyone else might be thinking. All I want is that everyone is happy (including myself) even if it means losing some friends along the way because being friends with them doesn’t make me or them happy.
- What was your favourite meal?
Fondue or Flamencuch (see question 3.)
- Favorite restaurant?
- What did you do for your birthday?
I went to PIZZA TAXI with some friends.
- How do you feel about being back now that you’ve been back for about 3 months?
I feel really happy and happy to have lots of friends who stayed with despite all my stories about Switzerland… <3 u guys!
Thanks JJ – I really appreciate you answering my questions today. You’re EPIC!