There’s been quite a few lasts lately. We’re getting down to the wire (I can count how many days are left on one hand now). When you’re getting ready for a huge trip there’s a few things that you aren’t going to do again for a while. 6 months feels like a long time!
Some things that I’m happy are my lasts for a bit:
- last load of cloth diapers to wash
- last time to clean the fridge, range, oven, floor, bathroom, car, etc…
- last load of laundry in my washing machine
- last time I cut the grass
- last time I have to deal with tenant issues
- last time I’m going to drive my Kia
- last BBQ/dinner with friends and family
- last time I’m going to sleep in my bed
- last time I can hug my parents/best friend
- last time I eat a gorgeous steak
- last time my baby plays in her exersaucer
- last time I can sit at my island and write my blog
- last time I can have a shower in my bathroom
- last glass of water from my tap (I’m a little picky about the taste of water)
- last trip downtown
- last time I say goodbye to my house and yard
- last time I get to watch my TV
- last time I eat a Reese Peanut Butter Cup
- last time I can use my electric toothbrush
Don’t get me wrong. This is not forever folks. I’m not about to join a convent. But 6 months feels like an eternity and I’m sure it will go by in a heartbeat.
I would like to take the time to thank my husband for the last 7 years of our life together. I think I know a little bit better why he is always talking about his country and why he misses the things that he loves so much about what makes his country so unique to him. 7 years is a long time to wait to be able to have the things you are missing. So even though I might have a bigger list of things I will miss while I’m gone than things I won’t miss, I will always remember that you have been doing this for the last 7 years… for me and our family.
I’m so happy to be able to be doing this with you. You must be so over the moon excited